Avalon Minecraft Server
Hello! If you'd like to join our wonderful server, create an account and make a forum post following the Join Application! We look forward to having you! Very Happy
Avalon Minecraft Server
Hello! If you'd like to join our wonderful server, create an account and make a forum post following the Join Application! We look forward to having you! Very Happy
Avalon Minecraft Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't know why the navigation menu isn't centered. -___-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Vacation vacation! Take a break. Avalon will be back later. I'm mostly keeping it down now because lots of new games are coming out soon like Dead Rising 2, Fable 3, and Fallout.

Vote on a currency!

Go down 
+8
The_Keeper
fishy1289
eyelessDerek
Arcanus
Dragonchampion
psyburn
crissbowie
Safari
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

What item should we use as currency?
Slime Balls
Vote on a currency! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap53%Vote on a currency! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 53% [ 9 ]
Gold Ore
Vote on a currency! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap12%Vote on a currency! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
Diamond Ore
Vote on a currency! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Vote on a currency! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Coal Ore
Vote on a currency! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%Vote on a currency! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Other (Specify Below)
Vote on a currency! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap29%Vote on a currency! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
Redstone Ore
Vote on a currency! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Vote on a currency! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
eyelessDerek
Avalonian
Avalonian
eyelessDerek

Vote on a currency! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote on a currency!   Vote on a currency! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 8:02 pm

psyburn wrote:
Yeah Dereks idea is indeed nice, but i guess is that with the original economical system you can sell your diamonds for money at the bank so you don't get one person controlling the money flow. by example i get 1 money for a cobblestone and 1000 money for a diamond, now the only problem is can i stack an item 1000 times? if not you will need allot of chests to store your money

I agree. That system would make things so much easier but would require the constant help of an mod or admin. If only we could make npcs? Not sure if we can. As long as the server is very selective and gets rid of all griefers immediately we should be fine with creating our own chests in our house.

OR?

We could have an international bank of some sort where the admin spawns us up and we get our own room full of chests? Just some ideas to make the chest idea more interesting / safe
Back to top Go down
Dragonchampion
Archmage
Archmage
Dragonchampion

PostSubject: Re: Vote on a currency!   Vote on a currency! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 8:06 pm

It all comes down to whether or not this server will be a 24/7 server, and if so, how often will the mods be on? If it is not enough, we should have trading, and if it is nearly all the time, we should have currency.
Back to top Go down
crissbowie

crissbowie

PostSubject: Re: Vote on a currency!   Vote on a currency! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 8:10 pm

I think when the server starts we could use trading but later we could use currency. Smile
Back to top Go down
fishy1289
Avalonian
Avalonian
fishy1289

PostSubject: Re: Vote on a currency!   Vote on a currency! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 8:26 pm

well what you could do is have a big building of obsidian with a room for each person full of chests. with a mod there have them go in their room and make a command /setbank or something. the mod will close off the door so when u wana go to the bank u just type /bank

*o and maybe u could have a cost for rooms or something
Back to top Go down
eyelessDerek
Avalonian
Avalonian
eyelessDerek

PostSubject: Re: Vote on a currency!   Vote on a currency! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 10:05 pm

Good idea, instead of obsidian though how about admin blocks because people could easily break through two obsidian blocks. Label each room with the players name Smile Along with the /setbank idea this would be perfect to contain our currency. If we somehow fill it up we get a 2nd room.

Back to top Go down
fishy1289
Avalonian
Avalonian
fishy1289

PostSubject: Re: Vote on a currency!   Vote on a currency! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 10:37 pm

eyelessDerek wrote:
Good idea, instead of obsidian though how about admin blocks because people could easily break through two obsidian blocks. Label each room with the players name Smile Along with the /setbank idea this would be perfect to contain our currency. If we somehow fill it up we get a 2nd room.

yea adminium is def better idk y but that just never crossed my mind. to much single player i guess lol

(i know adminium is in single player but u cant place it so yea)
Back to top Go down
Safari
Admin
Admin
Safari

PostSubject: Re: Vote on a currency!   Vote on a currency! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 11:30 pm

Also guys, I don't really want anything that somebody could accidentally place or grief with.
Back to top Go down
http://newavalon.omgforum.net
Dragonchampion
Archmage
Archmage
Dragonchampion

PostSubject: Re: Vote on a currency!   Vote on a currency! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 12:14 am

Simpel answer then:

Snow. Code 78 in the datavalues.

This gives you a flat piece of tile-layer. It will not help for accidentally placing, but it will prevent griefing as snow is easy to remove.

Either that or use Snowballs. Snowballs can be made into a snow block that can can turned into snowballs again. Sure, the thing is you would need to stop from throwing them, but that is another way to get around the no griefing and nto wanting accidental placement.

Another idea is apples. he thing is with those is to not press the right mouse and eat them, but it seems we have to have a tradeoff somehow.
Back to top Go down
Safari
Admin
Admin
Safari

PostSubject: Re: Vote on a currency!   Vote on a currency! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:31 am

Slime Balls are in the lead! Woohoo.

Taking this off the global announcements now.
Back to top Go down
http://newavalon.omgforum.net
The_Keeper
Avalonian
Avalonian
The_Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Vote on a currency!   Vote on a currency! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:36 pm

Gold Bars, for several reasons:

1. Gold is useless for tools
2. Its not easy to get yet its not ridiculously hard to find.
3. Bars instead of ore, because it looks/feels better. Plus, 9 bars to a block is an easier way of storing them. It also means we get different values, e.g., Selling diamond ore one block each, or selling redstone, 5 bars each.
4. Name one game/country that doesn't use gold as a currency. It just makes sense.
5. The fact you have to smelt it gives it a little more value, and feels more hard-earned.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dragonchampion
Archmage
Archmage
Dragonchampion

PostSubject: Re: Vote on a currency!   Vote on a currency! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:38 pm

The_Keeper wrote:
Gold Bars, for several reasons:

1. Gold is useless for tools
2. Its not easy to get yet its not ridiculously hard to find.
3. Bars instead of ore, because it looks/feels better. Plus, 9 bars to a block is an easier way of storing them. It also means we get different values, e.g., Selling diamond ore one block each, or selling redstone, 5 bars each.
4. Name one game/country that doesn't use gold as a currency. It just makes sense.
5. The fact you have to smelt it gives it a little more value, and feels more hard-earned.

Very Happy

The_Keeper wrote:
Gold is useless for tools

BZZZZZZZZT WRONG!

Gold Tools are Spellweapons. Anyone who is not a mage caught with one though gets severely punished. Gold can be sold to the Academy for a nice price because of its rarity.
Back to top Go down
The_Keeper
Avalonian
Avalonian
The_Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Vote on a currency!   Vote on a currency! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:41 pm

Quote :
Gold Tools are Spellweapons

Wait, what?
Back to top Go down
Dragonchampion
Archmage
Archmage
Dragonchampion

PostSubject: Re: Vote on a currency!   Vote on a currency! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:42 pm

We have magic on this server, and each tool represents a school of magic, each pertaining to what they do.
Back to top Go down
The_Keeper
Avalonian
Avalonian
The_Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Vote on a currency!   Vote on a currency! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:44 pm

Dragonchampion wrote:
We have magic on this server, and each tool represents a school of magic, each pertaining to what they do.

*DOES NOT COMPUTE*
Back to top Go down
BlueNine
Avalonian
Avalonian
BlueNine

PostSubject: Re: Vote on a currency!   Vote on a currency! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:47 pm

Avalon sounds like a police state...
Back to top Go down
iTechify
Avalonian
Avalonian
iTechify

PostSubject: Gold   Vote on a currency! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:55 pm

Yes, here are some examples:

LEAF BLOWER - Axe Rune
Adds a 12-use spell to the gold axe, which allows you to obliterate leaves in a 5x5x5 box.

FARMER'S CHARM - Hoe Rune
When hoeing with your golden hoe, seeds are automatically planted in farm tiles. 12 uses.

POWER HOE - Hoe Rune
Causes your golden hoe to hoe a 3x3 area instead of just one block.

All tool spells require a GOLDEN TOOL to be used.

Check out this page to see more/more info.
Back to top Go down
The_Keeper
Avalonian
Avalonian
The_Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Vote on a currency!   Vote on a currency! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:56 pm

iTechify wrote:
Yes, here are some examples:

LEAF BLOWER - Axe Rune
Adds a 12-use spell to the gold axe, which allows you to obliterate leaves in a 5x5x5 box.

FARMER'S CHARM - Hoe Rune
When hoeing with your golden hoe, seeds are automatically planted in farm tiles. 12 uses.

POWER HOE - Hoe Rune
Causes your golden hoe to hoe a 3x3 area instead of just one block.

All tool spells require a GOLDEN TOOL to be used.

Check out this page to see more/more info.

Link doesn't work, but I understand now.

Sounds damn awesome.
Back to top Go down
crissbowie

crissbowie

PostSubject: Re: Vote on a currency!   Vote on a currency! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:58 pm

yeah the link doesn't work :/...

but sounds really cool and usefull
Back to top Go down
Arcanus
Avalonian
Avalonian
Arcanus

PostSubject: Re: Vote on a currency!   Vote on a currency! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:58 pm

BlueNine wrote:

Idd... There need to be rules but this is to much, we also play this for fun to
Back to top Go down
http://www.dutch-invasion.webs.com
The_Keeper
Avalonian
Avalonian
The_Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Vote on a currency!   Vote on a currency! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 6:07 pm

Arcanus wrote:
BlueNine wrote:

Idd... There need to be rules but this is to much, we also play this for fun to

Tell me about it...

I mean, only one public mine, paying to leave the city and fines for being back late?

That's ridiculous.

Ease down on the rules... the whole point of Minecraft is being free to explore the pretty amazing world we end up in.
Back to top Go down
Dragonchampion
Archmage
Archmage
Dragonchampion

PostSubject: Re: Vote on a currency!   Vote on a currency! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 7:05 pm

Wait, Paying to leave the city and fines for being back late? Where are these rules?

Also, I invented the Mining Guild so they, with the King's clearance could scout out new Public Mines.
Back to top Go down
psyburn
Avalonian
Avalonian
psyburn

PostSubject: Re: Vote on a currency!   Vote on a currency! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Back to top Go down
patrickminer
Avalonian
Avalonian

PostSubject: Re: Vote on a currency!   Vote on a currency! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 7:20 pm

TBH guys.

The whole point of an RPG is having set rules etc, allows order to exist and not random building of shit.

This has the potential to be a really epic server, and I don't want to see it go down the shitter. >:
Back to top Go down
Dragonchampion
Archmage
Archmage
Dragonchampion

PostSubject: Re: Vote on a currency!   Vote on a currency! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 7:49 pm

Yes, but the timed scouting parties should be removed. Scouting parties are alright, and I can even agree with a fine for forming a scouting party, but hell, we need TIME to scout. Something that the current rule with that hinders.
Back to top Go down
Ery123

PostSubject: Re: Vote on a currency!   Vote on a currency! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:50 pm

Dragonchampion wrote:
Simpel answer then:

Snow. Code 78 in the datavalues.

This gives you a flat piece of tile-layer. It will not help for accidentally placing, but it will prevent griefing as snow is easy to remove.

Either that or use Snowballs. Snowballs can be made into a snow block that can can turned into snowballs again. Sure, the thing is you would need to stop from throwing them, but that is another way to get around the no griefing and nto wanting accidental placement.

Another idea is apples. he thing is with those is to not press the right mouse and eat them, but it seems we have to have a tradeoff somehow.

only bad thing about this is that, snow is not admin blocks only you can mine it with a snow shovel spell, and this spell lasts forever untill you right click something other than snow, so someone could kill the currency, Slimeballs work best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vote on a currency!   Vote on a currency! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vote on a currency!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avalon Minecraft Server :: Discussions-
Jump to: