Avalon Minecraft Server
Hello! If you'd like to join our wonderful server, create an account and make a forum post following the Join Application! We look forward to having you! Very Happy
Avalon Minecraft Server
Hello! If you'd like to join our wonderful server, create an account and make a forum post following the Join Application! We look forward to having you! Very Happy
Avalon Minecraft Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't know why the navigation menu isn't centered. -___-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Vacation vacation! Take a break. Avalon will be back later. I'm mostly keeping it down now because lots of new games are coming out soon like Dead Rising 2, Fable 3, and Fallout.

CLARIFYING THINGS here.

Go down 
+4
Arcanus
iTechify
patrickminer
Safari
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Safari
Admin
Admin
Safari

CLARIFYING THINGS here. Empty
PostSubject: CLARIFYING THINGS here.   CLARIFYING THINGS here. EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 2:35 am

Alright, I want to clarify some things here so nobody gets confused. And I'm not trying to be rude either.

We do not need guilds right now. Our city is too small and we haven't even gotten in the server yet, and there's not all that much people. (>20 people for like 5-7 guilds?) We do not need to be that in-depth just yet.

I can not and will not get a dedicated server. I'm not made out of money and we (my family) have more important stuff to pay for.

As far as roleplaying, I like it and it's fun, but to be honest I wasn't really thinking about all this extra stuff. I'm not hiring any more admins or mods and we aren't going to watch over you every second of every day. That's why we are not having a thieves/assassins guild. That's like encouraging people to steal from us *just* because it fits into the roleplay. No, not now.

The server will never be public. I don't trust people (other than my 2 admins) enough to just give rights away. I'm not going to risk anything to some stupid ****ing idiot that decides to come along and destroy things. Before I even started this server, all I wanted it to be was a close-nit group of friendly people who just want to roleplay on a fun game.

WHEN you start, you will be a normal peasant. [EXCEPT A COUPLE WHO ARE STORE OWNERS Wink] You will not start off at a higher rank just because you want to. The only people that are allowed to start at their ranks is Me, Celtic, Cola, and Dragonchampion. That's the 3 Kings and Archmage. If you start off as a peasant and 2 (in-game) days later you think that's enough time and switch ranks, no. You need to see the council house and ask the Kings for a higher rank. That's how I want this to work.

Scouting parties are staying the same. You can decide how long you want to leave for, pay for it, and come back. If you fail to come back in time, you will be fined and thrown into jail, and if you *jail break* then you will no longer be with us. The fines are staying and the prices are staying. That's how I want it.

City/village founding: I like Dragonchampion's suggestion/guide a lot. But you can't go off and make a city right when you get into the server. I'll allow this in a week or two. (Yes, week or two).

As for wars, no. I don't want this in my server because something will happen, somebody will blow it way out of proportion and we have tons of complaints. I also don't want any part of New Avalon (or any future city) to be destroyed in a pretend war.

And remember, I make the decisions. CelticGhillie and NoNameCola help me with these decisions.

I hope this clarifies some stuff, if you have any questions be sure to PM me.

*I'm sure this thread will constantly change, with stuff being added and removed etc. So be watchful.

*ALSO, when we actually get the city up and running, YES you can have your ranks and YES we can have guilds. Scouting parties MIGHT change, might. City/Village founding, refer to Dragonchampion's thread. Wars, definitely not now or any time soon.

Last edited by Safari on Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://newavalon.omgforum.net
patrickminer
Avalonian
Avalonian

PostSubject: Re: CLARIFYING THINGS here.   CLARIFYING THINGS here. EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 6:20 am

I can get a dedicated server, holds about 42 users no lag.
Back to top Go down
iTechify
Avalonian
Avalonian
iTechify

PostSubject: That'd be cool   CLARIFYING THINGS here. EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 6:38 am

patrickminer wrote:

That would be cool if we ever want to allow more people in.
Back to top Go down
Arcanus
Avalonian
Avalonian
Arcanus

PostSubject: Re: CLARIFYING THINGS here.   CLARIFYING THINGS here. EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 7:18 am

Pfiew. I like you Safari Smile. I seriouslly hated all that rules against everything
Back to top Go down
http://www.dutch-invasion.webs.com
Dragonchampion
Archmage
Archmage
Dragonchampion

PostSubject: Re: CLARIFYING THINGS here.   CLARIFYING THINGS here. EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 8:07 am

patrickminer wrote:

The man is offering, Safari.

This is what meant about someone being generous. Very Happy

Last edited by Dragonchampion on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Safari
Admin
Admin
Safari

PostSubject: Re: CLARIFYING THINGS here.   CLARIFYING THINGS here. EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 8:14 am

I don't even know how they work or what to do.
Back to top Go down
Dragonchampion
Archmage
Archmage
Dragonchampion

PostSubject: Re: CLARIFYING THINGS here.   CLARIFYING THINGS here. EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 8:19 am

Also, if you think about it, eventually there should be some competition. What you are suggesting now is a city-builder, with focus on making the empire larger. Yes, we do need this until the empire is large, but what then? Are we all supposed to just sit back and gather wealth?

War/thievery/hell, even dungeons would be interesting to combat against. If everything was peechy-keen, we would grow to become pompous fools that hoarded wealth.

I am not saying your ideas are foolish, mind you, but I am looking towards the future and trying to figure out what we will do then. Yes, monsters will be implemented with damage, but in all reality, monsters can be defeated by a single smart player, let alone a fortified city with walls.

In all reality, eventually SOMEONE will pick a fight with another and wars have started over more trivial matters. A simple way of making New Avalon safe is the induction of the Royal Guards AND the declaration of New Avalon as a peace zone.

I can understand why you do not like the ideas of war and trade, but I am just saying, we will eventually need something to pull us back every day after completing our homes and cities, instead of just accumulating wealth.

Just adding in my two cents.

And with that, I have to go out for a few hours. See ya. Wink

Oh yes, and something to help you with learning about dedicated servers:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=628

(Forum works, but for how long?)
Back to top Go down
Safari
Admin
Admin
Safari

PostSubject: Re: CLARIFYING THINGS here.   CLARIFYING THINGS here. EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 8:37 am

Well, what we have to realize here is that this is just Minecraft. It doesn't need every single element of real life in it. I wanted this server so people could have fun roleplaying and living the e-life of their dreams, or however you want to word that. I prefer a less cheesy way.

And seeing as dedicated servers are far too complicated and that's somewhere I don't even want to go near, I'll have to continue running it from my computer. Which probably means that we aren't going to be able to have every single Minecraft player on it. Also leads to factions/guilds. We don't need 'Royal Guards' mainly because... well, there are no dangers. Even if we roleplayed dangers, I still don't see the fun in that. And I don't see how others would have fun either. And that means atleast 3 players would be forced to be Royal Guards. 3 players that I'd rather have living as a peasant and building their dreams.

Moving along. Anyway, I want this server to be a fun place that's semi-realistic and simple. I don't want 30 thousand guilds and factions (we're 1 city with less than 20 people in it) and I don't want to bother with 'enemies' attacking or declaring peace zones. That is too damn complicated, I want to keep this simple for everybody.

Maybe we could do these things when Minecraft gets a little more features.
Back to top Go down
psyburn
Avalonian
Avalonian
psyburn

PostSubject: Re: CLARIFYING THINGS here.   CLARIFYING THINGS here. EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:47 am

is there a way to donate? if so i wouldn't have a problem of donating lets say 10 euro's a month for a dedicated server if 4 people thought the same way i know certain we can rent a dedicated server. off course i don't expect everyone can miss like 10 euro's a month but if you drink a beer less you save 2 euro's and that's one beer a month less i think that wouldn't be a problem Smile
Back to top Go down
Safari
Admin
Admin
Safari

PostSubject: Re: CLARIFYING THINGS here.   CLARIFYING THINGS here. EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 10:17 am

:S

I couldn't ask for donations, that just isn't me.
Back to top Go down
patrickminer
Avalonian
Avalonian

PostSubject: Re: CLARIFYING THINGS here.   CLARIFYING THINGS here. EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 10:35 am

TBH Safari.

I want to get on a server that is good RP.
If that could happen now, that would be great... If not, I'm probably not going to stick around for much longer

I'm understanding of you being wary, but I'm just not enjoy waiting around.
Back to top Go down
Safari
Admin
Admin
Safari

PostSubject: Re: CLARIFYING THINGS here.   CLARIFYING THINGS here. EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 10:43 am

Alright then go talk to Notch and tell him to get name verification back online.
Back to top Go down
patrickminer
Avalonian
Avalonian

PostSubject: Re: CLARIFYING THINGS here.   CLARIFYING THINGS here. EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 11:11 am

This is a private server, but your not allowing anyone in.

You give people IP's via PM nobody but the people who get said ips will be able to connect.
Back to top Go down
Safari
Admin
Admin
Safari

PostSubject: Re: CLARIFYING THINGS here.   CLARIFYING THINGS here. EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am

The name verification is too easy to exploit. Just be patient.
Back to top Go down
fishy1289
Avalonian
Avalonian
fishy1289

PostSubject: Re: CLARIFYING THINGS here.   CLARIFYING THINGS here. EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 7:45 pm

who decides on store owners? *cough*cough* Arrow ME *cough* Razz
Back to top Go down
crissbowie

crissbowie

PostSubject: Re: CLARIFYING THINGS here.   CLARIFYING THINGS here. EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 7:46 pm

no *cough* *cough* MEEEEE!!!!!! Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CLARIFYING THINGS here.   CLARIFYING THINGS here. Empty

Back to top Go down

CLARIFYING THINGS here.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avalon Minecraft Server :: Suggestions-
Jump to: