Avalon Minecraft Server
Hello! If you'd like to join our wonderful server, create an account and make a forum post following the Join Application! We look forward to having you! Very Happy
Avalon Minecraft Server
Hello! If you'd like to join our wonderful server, create an account and make a forum post following the Join Application! We look forward to having you! Very Happy
Avalon Minecraft Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't know why the navigation menu isn't centered. -___-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Vacation vacation! Take a break. Avalon will be back later. I'm mostly keeping it down now because lots of new games are coming out soon like Dead Rising 2, Fable 3, and Fallout.

Optional Rules for the Server

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dragonchampion
Archmage
Archmage
Dragonchampion

Optional Rules for the Server Empty
PostSubject: Optional Rules for the Server   Optional Rules for the Server EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 1:19 am

Hello, was wondering how in depth and detailed you where wishing the Roleplay here to be. If you don't mind, i have a few suggestions.

1) RUNNING
Running wihtin the city is considered rude and disturbs the peace. As such, you must walk down patchs of the city unless in a hurry. (Walk by using the new sneaking feature)

2) MAGIC
Runecraft mod.
I know it is still under construction, but this is a mod I believe ALL RP servers should have. It allows the use of magic to alter and change the terrain around the world, and give access to teleporters as well. If you wish to have it even MORE Roleplay intensive, make it so that players MUST mutter a chant or something before they cast a spell.

3) SOLDIERS
Admin Fire.
Currently, the only thing that can kill mods is admin fire, or normal fire if Llamacraft is not installed. This means the soldiers could be equipped with a half stack of admin fire or something for use against mobs that threaten the city and its people.

4) DEATH
If you land in lava and remain in there for more than 5 seconds, you are forced to use /spawn. Simple as that. For added Roleplay, you could force the player to say /me died and is being ressurected!

5) ADVENTURERS
Pretty much scouting parties, these adventurers could be in the server's tavern, as I heard mentioned before, and be in charge of cave-exploring. That way, whenever a miner or etc. finds a cave, they can call upon the Adventurers to explore it. Adventurers would be given the following items: 10 Admin fire (Weapon) and a stack of torches.

6) CURRENCY
Now, it is quite common to have counterfieting in a game where there is an imperial currency. What was done on infinicraft was Haz, the admin, controlled the currency by making the currrency redstone ORE, not dust, meaning it is an admin block. You could easily make this into sponges, which are useless, even to hold back water, or some other unfindable block, such as snow-tops (That go on top of the dirt blocks) to make it look like paper.

I will have more ideas later, thats all I have for now!
Back to top Go down
Arcanus
Avalonian
Avalonian
Arcanus

PostSubject: Re: Optional Rules for the Server   Optional Rules for the Server EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 4:13 am

I totally agree with you Smile If Avalon is open, we have mayors, kings and more. So the gameplay needs to be real RP cat
Maybe we could even make a special vote topic on the forum where everybody can vote on their Mayors?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dutch-invasion.webs.com
patrickminer
Avalonian
Avalonian

PostSubject: Re: Optional Rules for the Server   Optional Rules for the Server EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 5:40 am

Eeh. I'm not sneaking everywhere, that will take to long.
Back to top Go down
Arcanus
Avalonian
Avalonian
Arcanus

PostSubject: Re: Optional Rules for the Server   Optional Rules for the Server EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 5:43 am

Errm what is the difficulty of the server? Cus, if it's peaceful we don't have any monsters to fight with on a adventure. So i recommend to set it on normal/hard
Back to top Go down
patrickminer
Avalonian
Avalonian

PostSubject: Re: Optional Rules for the Server   Optional Rules for the Server EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 5:55 am

Difficulty doesn't really exist in servers atm.
It's either monsters on (no damage) or monsters off (no damage).
Back to top Go down
Arcanus
Avalonian
Avalonian
Arcanus

PostSubject: Re: Optional Rules for the Server   Optional Rules for the Server EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 5:56 am

ooh xD ok
Back to top Go down
BlueNine
Avalonian
Avalonian
BlueNine

PostSubject: Re: Optional Rules for the Server   Optional Rules for the Server EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 12:13 pm

Walking everywhere would take ages and wouldn't really be that easy to police, possibly make it so that you have to walk in the Royal Courtyards/Chambers as a sign of respect (like not turning your back on the queen of england)

Magic is good, but I think it'd need to be kept exclusive to a small group of people (the more scarce something is, the more valuable it is). Mages should be more or less the elite guard of the Kings and command respect from the normal folk. Possibly restrict them to not being able to wear armour or wield normal tools (make some downside to having the powers of the arcane at your disposal) since if you were a mighty mage, you wouldn't exactly be going down the mines, or building houses yourself.

Soldiers sounds fair, but mobs aren't really a threat until players can actually be harmed, you could make it so that if a player is hit by mobs they have to /spawn (as you suggested for dying in lava) which would then make the adventurers very sought after!

I like the idea of a non-counterfeit-able currency and I'd extend that to having a Royal Bank/Vault where anyone can store their items where they can't be stolen and are given a token (Redstone Ore in this case) as proof that it is in there, relative to the amount they have stored (64 dirt is 1, 64 cobblestone is 2 as a very basic example). That would then be an effective currency to could give someone in exchange for help/an item and then they could trade it in to the bank to get the equivalent resource out again.

The bank could then, when it gets low on a resource, give out contracts to miners/adventurers to gather x amount of the resource in exchange for x amount of tokens, which would add a kind of questing system.

Just adding my ideas to the mix Smile
Back to top Go down
Arcanus
Avalonian
Avalonian
Arcanus

PostSubject: Re: Optional Rules for the Server   Optional Rules for the Server EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 12:25 pm

Maybe some 'police mans'. You need to pay a fine if you walk on grass instead of the walking way xD
Back to top Go down
Dragonchampion
Archmage
Archmage
Dragonchampion

PostSubject: Re: Optional Rules for the Server   Optional Rules for the Server EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 1:29 pm

Well, personally, thge idea is not truly Mages, but Spellblades, elite warriors with magic. They are in charge of the transportation hubs and building and maintaining them, and also can teach people spells from te schools of magic, depending on if they are a Mage or not.
Back to top Go down
Arcanus
Avalonian
Avalonian
Arcanus

PostSubject: Re: Optional Rules for the Server   Optional Rules for the Server EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 1:31 pm

Well we have a new building then Smile An magic school
Back to top Go down
Dragonchampion
Archmage
Archmage
Dragonchampion

PostSubject: Re: Optional Rules for the Server   Optional Rules for the Server EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 1:33 pm

Actually, the Spellblade Academy is what I call it.

Normally, it is small aboveground, with a massive tower, and its true expanse lies beneath the ground, in a hidden underground city type structure.
Back to top Go down
psyburn
Avalonian
Avalonian
psyburn

PostSubject: Re: Optional Rules for the Server   Optional Rules for the Server EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 1:39 pm

sounds good, i would love to see mages ingame, Smile
but will everybody be a mage or will there only be a few people with magic?
and in what way will we decide that one person can be a mage and the other can't
Back to top Go down
Dragonchampion
Archmage
Archmage
Dragonchampion

PostSubject: Re: Optional Rules for the Server   Optional Rules for the Server EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 2:54 pm

What we did on the other servers was a required donation, usually spell ingredients, and made it so only mages could use magic. The amount of mages depended on the amount of space we have to give rooms to people.
Back to top Go down
BlueNine
Avalonian
Avalonian
BlueNine

PostSubject: Re: Optional Rules for the Server   Optional Rules for the Server EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 3:28 pm

I still think you need to make them have some drawbacks, otherwise there's no reason for anyone to not want to be a mage
Back to top Go down
Dragonchampion
Archmage
Archmage
Dragonchampion

PostSubject: Re: Optional Rules for the Server   Optional Rules for the Server EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 3:31 pm

Drawbacks such as...

1) We are at the beck and call of the King. If he calls us, we must obey.
2) We must build and maintain all transport hubs in the kingdom. Whenever there is a new city, there must be a new hub created.
3) We cannot have more land than the king allows, with some exceptions, such as buying our own lands for twice the price as normal
4) We are required to give displays of our magic, to show that we have the ability, and thus use up our stores of spell materials.
Back to top Go down
BlueNine
Avalonian
Avalonian
BlueNine

PostSubject: Re: Optional Rules for the Server   Optional Rules for the Server EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 4:27 pm

Well it's up to the OP's what they want in I suppose...but I still think you need a real limit (small %age of kingdom population or something) to stop everyone trying to be a mage and having it overshadow everything else
Back to top Go down
Dragonchampion
Archmage
Archmage
Dragonchampion

PostSubject: Re: Optional Rules for the Server   Optional Rules for the Server EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 4:29 pm

Of course. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Optional Rules for the Server   Optional Rules for the Server Empty

Back to top Go down

Optional Rules for the Server
Page 1 of 1