Avalon Minecraft Server
Hello! If you'd like to join our wonderful server, create an account and make a forum post following the Join Application! We look forward to having you! Very Happy
Avalon Minecraft Server
Hello! If you'd like to join our wonderful server, create an account and make a forum post following the Join Application! We look forward to having you! Very Happy
Avalon Minecraft Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't know why the navigation menu isn't centered. -___-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Vacation vacation! Take a break. Avalon will be back later. I'm mostly keeping it down now because lots of new games are coming out soon like Dead Rising 2, Fable 3, and Fallout.

Alternate Cities and Wars

Go down 
+4
CelticGhillie
NoNameCola
eyelessDerek
Dragonchampion
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dragonchampion
Archmage
Archmage
Dragonchampion

Alternate Cities and Wars Empty
PostSubject: Alternate Cities and Wars   Alternate Cities and Wars EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 9:33 pm

Eventually, I am expecting Mayors to Get mad at each other for one reason or another when PvP starts, and wars to happen.

Wars would consist of one city attempting to siege and sack another city, with fire, and sapping (Digging under walls)

Pillaring, of course, would not be allowed, as well as TNT. This would add a more strategic thing to the game. Either that or make TNT cannons only.

it would also give a use for Knights beyond the simple "protect from monsters" thing. People could hav wars to sack and plunder other cities of there are not enough Knights guarding the city.

I can see both sides as a issue. Some Mayors would like to do nothing but make war. A way around this is to make a possible time limit between wars for recuperation and rest.

On the other side, I know I would hate being attacked and my city annihilated. But this would put more emphasis on defense and a good strategy rather than "OMG LETS MAKE DA CITYZ HAVE THE MOST MONEYZ." And would add a strategic element in the game.

I knew this issue would come up eventually when PvP becomes an issue, so let's discuss it now to have the rules out of the way before PvP comes and people do this because there are no rules.
Back to top Go down
eyelessDerek
Avalonian
Avalonian
eyelessDerek

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Cities and Wars   Alternate Cities and Wars EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 9:48 pm

I agree with this 100%.

Also it would add to the story? Rebels against the king stray off idk lol.

Anyways i like this idea Smile
Back to top Go down
NoNameCola
NoNameCola

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Cities and Wars   Alternate Cities and Wars EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 9:52 pm

Hmm, sounds interesting but very difficult to implement properly.
Back to top Go down
Dragonchampion
Archmage
Archmage
Dragonchampion

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Cities and Wars   Alternate Cities and Wars EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 10:00 pm

NoNameCola wrote:
very difficult to implement properly.

Might as well try to figure out how it will be implemented on this server NOW, BEFORE PvP is released then have to do some quick last-minute preparations and rules when someone suddenly attacks a city.
Back to top Go down
CelticGhillie
CelticGhillie

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Cities and Wars   Alternate Cities and Wars EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 10:06 pm

Yea... or else the original city will be brought down as new projects are constructed...
Back to top Go down
Dragonchampion
Archmage
Archmage
Dragonchampion

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Cities and Wars   Alternate Cities and Wars EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 10:09 pm

I personally am surprised that you made a city in the beginning. For most RP servers I have played, the first thing was always the castle for the kings, and THEN the city in whatever remaining space there was.

Then again, I never have see quite so many trees in one spot before... Maybe you had to build the city before the trees took over. Suspect
Back to top Go down
CelticGhillie
CelticGhillie

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Cities and Wars   Alternate Cities and Wars EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 10:11 pm

"Attack of the Trees"... yeah not the best storyline xD However, we were just going with the flow and we couldn't stop building Smile
Back to top Go down
iTechify
Avalonian
Avalonian
iTechify

PostSubject: Well   Alternate Cities and Wars EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 7:13 am

We will figure something out by the time PvP is actually out Smile
Back to top Go down
Arcanus
Avalonian
Avalonian
Arcanus

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Cities and Wars   Alternate Cities and Wars EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 7:25 am

I like trees I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.dutch-invasion.webs.com
psyburn
Avalonian
Avalonian
psyburn

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Cities and Wars   Alternate Cities and Wars EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 3:27 pm

how many is many trees? is it one big forest ?
Back to top Go down
Dragonchampion
Archmage
Archmage
Dragonchampion

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Cities and Wars   Alternate Cities and Wars EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 3:28 pm

many as in at least 100 within the city walls.
Back to top Go down
Tomster666
Avalonian
Avalonian

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Cities and Wars   Alternate Cities and Wars EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 3:37 pm

A good idea for the PvP would be to have the main city that is where the king is ofc as a neutral city, PvP is forbiden there so that it remains unscaved, but as for all the other seperate cities that will eventually spring up they can be what we pvp for, the control of the land. Just an idea Smile
Back to top Go down
Dragonchampion
Archmage
Archmage
Dragonchampion

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Cities and Wars   Alternate Cities and Wars EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 3:52 pm

That is exactly what I am proposing, the Capital being a neutral ground and then PvP can be done over the server

However, this cannot be done unless we can somehow manage to fit 40 people online at once... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Cities and Wars   Alternate Cities and Wars Empty

Back to top Go down

Alternate Cities and Wars
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avalon Minecraft Server :: Suggestions-
Jump to: