Avalon Minecraft Server
Hello! If you'd like to join our wonderful server, create an account and make a forum post following the Join Application! We look forward to having you! Very Happy
Avalon Minecraft Server
Hello! If you'd like to join our wonderful server, create an account and make a forum post following the Join Application! We look forward to having you! Very Happy
Avalon Minecraft Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't know why the navigation menu isn't centered. -___-

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Vacation vacation! Take a break. Avalon will be back later. I'm mostly keeping it down now because lots of new games are coming out soon like Dead Rising 2, Fable 3, and Fallout.

Suggestion - Gathering competitions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Keeper
Avalonian
Avalonian
The_Keeper

Suggestion - Gathering competitions Empty
PostSubject: Suggestion - Gathering competitions   Suggestion - Gathering competitions EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 3:33 pm

Not a serious idea, but I believe it has the potential to be fun. Players start with only one pickaxe (most probably diamond), and enter a unexplored/newly discovered cave. Competitors run into the cave at the same time, and start to gather as many useful materials as they can. After a set period of time, they are teleported (admin) out, where their findings are counted and scored.

(Example)

Cobblestone - 1 point
Coal - 5 Points
Iron - 10 points
Redstone - 20 Points
Gold - 50 Points
Diamond - 100 points

Winner gets a share of the finds (Rest go into public chest), some SB, or some other prize.

Also, this could be a game solely for the Mining guild, or could even be a trial to enter the guild in the first place.

Let me know what you think! Criticism welcome!
Back to top Go down
Dragonchampion
Archmage
Archmage
Dragonchampion

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion - Gathering competitions   Suggestion - Gathering competitions EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 3:51 pm

My vote goes to it being the trial to rank in the mining guild: you have to gather X points over 1 Minecraft day to get a promotion.
Back to top Go down
Ery123

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion - Gathering competitions   Suggestion - Gathering competitions EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 6:00 pm

Dragonchampion wrote:
My vote goes to it being the trial to rank in the mining guild: you have to gather X points over 1 Minecraft day to get a promotion.
one mine craft day is 15 minutes, not including the 15 minutes for night. in that time you could use almost the whole diamond pick axe, in which i would just make a 2x1 tunnel and tape my left mouse button down and get 1000 cobblestone and 1000 points.
Back to top Go down
The_Keeper
Avalonian
Avalonian
The_Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion - Gathering competitions   Suggestion - Gathering competitions EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 6:28 pm

I would say no points for cobbletone then, otherwise a tiny amount (1 point per 100)
Back to top Go down
Ery123

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion - Gathering competitions   Suggestion - Gathering competitions EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 9:18 pm

The_Keeper wrote:
I would say no points for cobbletone then, otherwise a tiny amount (1 point per 100)

im just pointing out glitchs, another is the coal, thing i usually get within 2 stacks in a couple of minute if i mine all coal i see, when i go deeper there will be more coal, and more points. Also seeing how there is a shitton of iron recently, and 10 iron is 100 points.

within 5 minutes of just mining iron i would have more than 1000 points, and with coal added to that maybe 1500 points.

my badly written response is bad.

These points need to go down.
Back to top Go down
The_Keeper
Avalonian
Avalonian
The_Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion - Gathering competitions   Suggestion - Gathering competitions EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 2:51 am

Ery123 wrote:
The_Keeper wrote:

im just pointing out glitchs, another is the coal, thing i usually get within 2 stacks in a couple of minute if i mine all coal i see, when i go deeper there will be more coal, and more points. Also seeing how there is a shitton of iron recently, and 10 iron is 100 points.

within 5 minutes of just mining iron i would have more than 1000 points, and with coal added to that maybe 1500 points.

It WAS just an example... Razz
Back to top Go down
Ery123

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion - Gathering competitions   Suggestion - Gathering competitions EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 5:43 am

The_Keeper wrote:
Ery123 wrote:
The_Keeper wrote:

It WAS just an example... Razz

I realize this. examples are supposed to be flamed and trolled at until they are perfect Smile
Back to top Go down
Arcanus
Avalonian
Avalonian
Arcanus

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion - Gathering competitions   Suggestion - Gathering competitions EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 11:06 am

THE ONLY THING I WANT IS TREES IN AVALON Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.dutch-invasion.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion - Gathering competitions   Suggestion - Gathering competitions Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestion - Gathering competitions
Page 1 of 1